USA Water Polo Team of Women’s
Four years after winning the first Olympic gold in program history within the Summer of 2012 in London, four returners from that team anchor the 2016 edition. Team captain and 2012 Olympic Games most valuable player Maggie Steffens can lead Team USA into action in Rio Olympics 2016. She is joined by fellow 2012 Olympic gold medalists Kami Craig, Courtney Mathewson, and Melissa Seidemann.
Nine Olympic newcomers fill out the rest of the Team USA listing. The USA will open competition at the Olympic Games on August nine, 2016 against Spain. the game takes place four years to the day once the USA women won Olympic Gold in London against the very same Spain squad. Draw into group B, Team USA will meet China and Hungary in preliminary play. The medal round is scheduled for August nineteen.
All nominations to the 2016 USA water polo Team for Rio Olympic are subject to approval by the United States Olympic Committee.
2016 U.S. Olympic Women’s Water Polo Team (Hometown/School/USAWP Club)
Head Coach: “Adam Krikorian”
Asst. Coaches: “Dan Klatt and Chris Oeding”
Team Manager: “Jen Adams Funakura”
1. Sami Hill – GK (Santa Barbara, CA/UCLA/Santa Barbara)
2. Maddie Musselman – A (Newport Beach, CA/Corona del Mar HS/CdM Aquatics)
3. Melissa Seidemann – D (Walnut Creek, CA/Stanford/NYAC)
4. Rachel Fattal – A (Seal Beach, CA/UCLA/SOCAL)
5. KK Clark – D (Menlo Park, CA/UCLA/NYAC)
6. Maggie Steffens – A (Danville, CA/Stanford/NYAC)
7. Courtney Mathewson – A (Anaheim Hills, CA/UCLA/NYAC)
8. Kiley Neushul – A (Goleta, CA/Stanford/Santa Barbara)
9. Aria Fischer – C (Laguna Beach, CA/Laguna Beach HS/SET)
10. Kaleigh Gilchrist – A (Newport Beach, CA/USC/NYAC)
11. Makenzie Fischer – D (Laguna Beach, CA/Laguna Beach HS/SET)
12. Kami Craig – C (Santa Barbara, CA/USC/NYAC)
13. Ashleigh Johnson – GK (Miami, FL/Princeton/NYAC)
USA Water Polo Team
USA water polo, Inc. is that the national government organization for water polo in America, overseeing our USA Olympic program also as twenty different championship events annually, like Junior Olympic Games and Masters National Championships. With over 40,000 members, USAWP is additionally the sanctionative authority for over five hundred Member Clubs and over four hundred tournaments nationwide. United StatesAWP is committed to the development of the game throughout the US. It fosters grass-roots enlargement of the game, providing a national system of attached clubs, certified coaches, and officials.
FINA Announces Olympic Swimmers Entered for Rio Games
FINA announced the final entry lists of Olympic swimmers for the 2016 Rio Olympic Games. This summer, there will be 172 delegations represented. That is five more than swam in London.
There are a total of 906 Olympic swimmers entered. From August 5-13, we will see 489 men and 417 women race.