Swimming Dive Analysis
Learning the way to swim and practicing your stroke technique is one thing, however, there are alternative areas of this unbelievable sport that are even as exciting to master. This was estimated at the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games start times comprised (4/5)% to (13/50)% of the race time. this suggests that on the average, for swimmers covering the 50m race, the beginning accounted for 1 / 4 of their race. we are concerning during this instance is that the swimming dive. This isn’t only for triathlete competitors – a strong and efficient dive will also create those with basic skills more of an all-rounded swimmer.
Read This:-How to Stay Hydrated During Swimming Workout
+Factors Behind a perfect swimming dive
So if you’re searching for some tips about the way to master the perfect plunge, take a glance at the subsequent pointers below.
- Block Phase: The block part will be additionally thought about reaction time. it’s the part between the signal and also the feet departure the blocks, and therefore the main focus of this article.
- Flight Phase: this can be the part between the feet departure the block and the hands getting into the water. It’s the air component of the dive before the beginning getting into the aquatic realm.
- Entry Phase: this is the part between the hands entering the water and also the feet entering the water. In a sense, it’s, however, the body slices the water. Entry angles can play lots into the speed at that the swimmer does not solely enter the water but how he or she carries this momentum into a successive part.
- Underwater phase Underwater part: This phase is that the length the swimmer spends underwater. This part has possibly been one of the most studied, undoubtedly one of the most regulated, and certain one of the most crucial in a race because it is how the swimmer converts the speed he or she gets from the dive into the breakout and carries it into the stroke. this may be a subject in a future article.
RELATED ARTICLE:-How to Correct Your Breaststroke Swimming Mistakes with Best Technique
Most swimmers neglect to use their arms to dive into the pool and find yourself mistreatment them just as counterbalance within the flight part. this can be a wasted resource. If you have got not nonetheless broach into your arms, it’s time to begin (pun intended). The arms will facilitate the propulsion on the dive by pull backwards on the block and move the jock forward, particularly once coordinated with Associate in Nursing explosive takeoff from each front and back legs.
Feet position during swimming dive
Having your feet within the best position is significant for a good push off the start. There are 2 variations you’ll use here:
- The grab begin – can give you a stronger push into the water
- Track begin – permits you to react faster (more suited to track events and races)
For a grab start, place each foot forward and your toes and hands simply over the edge of the pool. or else, for a track begin place one foot forward together with your toes over the edge and your other foot roughly a hands-width behind.
Find a grip that feels comfy and stable together with your feet near shoulder-width apart. From here, keep your hips up high and look towards your knees.
For More Workouts:- Click Here