You’re not a swimmer. You’re a triathlete. There’s a large difference. A swimmer is completely focused on refining and perfecting swimming technique to swim as quick as possible in a pool. In theory, once a swimmer hits the wall at the end of their race, they should have nothing left in the tank. In Triathlon Swimming, a triathlete is a multisport athlete who has to complete the swimming leg of the race within the shortest doable time but – and this is vital – with the lowest doable energy value. Swimmers are about excellence within the pool; triathletes are about efficiency in open-water environments.
In Triathlon Swimming there is no excellent stroke, but there’s an efficient stroke for you. Don’t get adorned up on finding and mastering the theoretical ‘perfect’ stroke. It does not exist. what’s real is your stroke and creating your own stroke as efficient as doable by focusing on the big principles of efficient swimming.
First you need a good pair of goggles. i like to recommend the Speedo Vanquishers. i’m not sponsored by them and don’t receive any funding from them. they’re merely the only goggles I highly suggest for any athlete.
I conjointly recommend you consider what wetsuit and skin suit to buy for your triathlon race. My alternative used to be 2XU.
You have all the gear and have chosen a pool, but currently, it’s time to really train. And yes, you do get to train. You can’t show up on race day and think it won’t be that massive of a deal. folks die in triathlons. That’s a fact and therefore the situation isn’t helped if you don’t train. Swimming is something I take seriously when coaching my athletes so that they’re prepared.
Must Read:- How to Boost Your Performance within month
When determining a way to create your training set up, you’ll be able to always see my previous article Importance of physical exercise. but it’s vital that your workouts be specific and periodized. I actually have my athletes focus on 3 things: speed, endurance, and technique. every physical exercise ought to have one main focus and slightly touch on the other 2.
For Triathlon Swimming I typically specialise in speed and technique, more then endurance, however, that’s because of primarily coaching elite short-course athletes. Your swimming workouts, as a beginner or advanced athlete, need to be specific and planned according to where you’re in your season and what race you’re selecting to do.
Flexibility, Stability, Mobility.
Away from the pool, you’ll be able to help develop the foundations to boost your swimming technique by performing on these 3 ‘abilities’. try some Pilates, yoga, or core classes for example – to boost your skills and watch your swimming technique improve.
Follow these 7 tips for EFFICIENT Triathlon Swimming :-
1) Swim 16×1 length freestyle, allowing forty-five seconds for each length. In alternative words, you’ve got forty-five seconds to swim one length. make it in thirty seconds so take fifteen seconds ‘recovery.’ If you attain thirty seconds and twenty-five strokes over one length you score fifty-five. try to maintain whatever score you attain for all sixteen x1 lengths.
2) Swim four lengths recovery then continue straight into step three.
3) Swim 12×1 length freestyle, allowing forty seconds for every length. In different words, you’ve got forty seconds to swim one length. build it in 25ish seconds maybe so take fifteen seconds ‘recovery.’ an aim can be for twenty-five seconds and twenty-two strokes over one length. whatever the score, aim to maintain this throughout.
4) Swim four lengths recovery then continue with step five.
5) Swim 8×1 length freestyle, allowing thirty-five seconds for every length. In different words, you’ve got thirty-five seconds to swim one length. build it in 25ish seconds so take ten seconds rest. Maintain the previous golf scores with less rest.
6) Swim four lengths recovery then continue with step seven.
7) Swim 4×1 length race, allowing thirty seconds for every length. In different words, you’ve got thirty seconds to swim one length. vie 25ish seconds so take five seconds rest. demanding but try to maintain your lowest score with the smallest amount rest.
WATCH This VIDEO :-