Here is a list of new year’s swimming resolutions for anyone who swims. As a sports dietitian and a swimming coach, I cannot stress enough the importance of each and every one of these resolutions. If you can do each of these things daily, you will be a faster swimmer and a happier person!
There is something special about this time of year, with the wrapping up of the December holidays, and the beginning of a new year. When January 1 rolls around, resolutions fill the air as people declare that this year, they are going to be kinder, healthier, thriftier, and happier. There is something fresh and exciting about making a New Year’s resolution, something about the chance for a fresh start, a blank page, which offers endless possibilities.
Here are 27 things to remember as you resolve to trust the process…
- Trust the Technique
- Trust the Timeline
- Trust the Training
- Trust Your Coach
- Be Realistic
- Trust Yourself
- Sleep more
- Eat healthy food
- Reward Yourself
- Stay hydrated.
- Stand up straight
- Do weight-bearing land exercises.
- Visualize success
- Play in the water every practice
- Keep your head down in the water
- Streamline off every wall
- Shower before diving in
- Stretch & rehabilitation exercises regularly.
- Perfect your drills
- Make every turn and finish that you do legally
- Make this the year you go injury-free.
- Stop peeing in the pool
- Each day encourages a youngster on the team.
- Invite your friends and family for a swim
- Celebrate the soreness.
- Read about swimming
- KEEP RECORDS
I recommend that you choose one new resolution to master each week. Don’t try to do all 27 of these at once! If you can slowly add each of these resolutions to your daily habits, there is no doubt you will swim faster.
What is your New Year’s Resolution going to be for 2017? Which of the above swimming tips will you incorporate into your training? Let me hear it in the comments below.
More likes to:-
- How to Generate a More Powerful Catch
- Best Ways to Improve your Bodyline in Swimming
- 2 Famous and Effective Backstroke Swimming Drill
- 9 one-line tips to How to Become a great swimmer
Follow us on:-